Thursday, October 15, 2009

Forecast: hurricane

As mentioned at length in my last post, I have been listening to David Berkeley a lot, and one of the tracks I really like from his album 'Strange light' is 'Hurricane', which can be seen here:


For some reason, listening to this made me think of the Bob Dylan song of the same name. I have never (despite trying, if not all that hard, on several occasions) every really warmed to Bob (although I am inclined to give his forthcoming Christmas album a go, on the basis that I give almost every new Christmas album a go, sentimental sap that I am). However, this song is one my favourites of his:



Strangely, I could repeat the above paragraph (except the bit about the Christmas album) about Neil Young, including the spooky fact that my favourite song by him is 'Like a hurricane':

So, to conclude this short post, it seems I have a particular fondness for songs about hurricanes. I did test the theory a little further when I found the Black Kids' song 'Hurricane Jane' in my iTunes library. I downloaded the album on the strength of 'I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance' (reminded me a lot of OMD) and never listened mush - this song is not bad, but somehow would like a little pale in the giant craggy shadows of Bob and Neil, glowering over it like rock's Mount Rushmore, so I will just stop here.

No comments:

 
Site Meter